Who may do community service at Habitat?
- College students needing hours for school.
- Those with court-ordered hours. Please note we do not accept- felony, theft or violent offenses.
What should I bring on my first day?
- Your paperwork from the court,case worker or school.
- A photo ID such as a drivers license, passport or school identification.
How do I start?
You MUST schedule your shifts in advance with the ReStore Manager Donna Weathers 706-416-6332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include Tuesday-Friday from 9:30 AM-4:00 PM and Saturday 9:30AM-2:00PM.
A minimum of 4 hours is required per shift.
Saturdays are the busiest days in the store and tend to fill up quickly. If you schedule a Saturday and do not show up without calling, you will not be able to schedule another Saturday, and you will be removed from any future Saturdays you had scheduled.
What should I wear?
- Comfortable, casual clothes that you can work in and don’t mind getting dirty such as jeans, athletic pants or shorts.
- Shorts must be at least mid-thigh in length – NO short-shorts.
- Closed-toe, closed-heel shoes such as athletic shoes or work boots. No ballet shoes or heels.
What will I be doing?
Tasks vary day to day, and will usually consist of general housekeeping-sweeping, cleaning up and organizing various departments, dusting, cleaning the break room and bathrooms, wiping the windows, sorting donations, putting priced items on the floor, creating or breaking down displays, transporting large items to customer’s cars and small carpentry jobs.
Please contact the ReStore Manager Donna Weathers at 706-416-6332 or email email@example.com.